- Illuvium is home to ‘Illuvium: Arena’, a pioneer, Play to Earn (P2E), auto battler game in the same vein as League of Legends: Teamfight Tactics, and Dota Auto Chess.
- Coinbase, one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges, has announced the listing of the Illuvium Network’s main utility and governance token, ILV.
- Subsequently, Illuvium has released updates on the development of its current and upcoming games.
Iluvium has been lauded as one of the most exciting Play to Earn gaming companies in the blockchain gaming space. The studio recently shared an announcement celebrating an important milestone: a listing on Coinbase, which represents a big step for Illuvium and its community. Illuvium Studios also shared some major progress updates, including upgrades for ‘Illuvium: Arena’, and developments around ‘Illuvium: Overworld’, ‘Illuvium: Zero’, and more.
We’re so proud to share this important milestone with you all.
If all conditions are met, an $ILV$USD trading pair will open on @coinbase a few hours from this post, so get ready!
This is a really big step for Illuvium, and the community as a whole! pic.twitter.com/c1bKcgOZPe
— Illuvium (@illuviumio) October 13, 2022
Illuvium (ILV) Listed on Coinbase
As of October 14th, ILV has met Coinbase’s underlying conditions, which means that Coinbase users can now trade, convert, send, receive, and store the ILV token.
Coinbase shared that it will be adding support for Illuvium’s main utility token, ILV, on the Ethereum network. Furthermore, the crypto exchange revealed that it would officialy launch trading options for the ILV token once it is deemed that sufficient supply has been established.
Coinbase stated that it would launch ILV-USD trading pairs in phases, but warned that support for the ILV token may not be available in some jurisdictions.
Coinbase will add support for Illuvium (ILV) on the Ethereum network (ERC-20 token). Do not send this assets over other networks or your funds may be lost. Inbound transfers for this asset are available on @Coinbase & @CoinbaseExch in the regions where trading is supported.
— Coinbase Assets (@CoinbaseAssets) October 12, 2022
The token listing is a key landmark for Illuvium, as it lends further relevancy and credibility to the platform as having passed Coinbase’s rigorous screening and listing procedures.
Delivering Development Progress Through Improvements, Updates, and Upgrades
Illuvium is home to one of the largest blockchain gaming communities. Earlier this year, Illuvium announced the addition of two new games: Illuvium: Zero and Illuvium: Overworld, after finding success with its AAA auto battler game, Illuvium: Arena.
After much anticipation, Illuvium shared progress on the development of updates for its current and upcoming products.
Here is a quick summary of what’s cooking:
- Added major visual effects and UI changes to Illuvium: Arena in order to support performance on lower-end machines.
- Proposed improved client-server communications for Illuvium: Arena.
- Features of Illuvium: Overworld, such as ‘Sanctum Mesa’, ‘Crimson Waste‘, general UI, and player leaderboard, are reaching their final states for the upcoming Beta release.
- Illuvium: Zero is nearing completion with region artwork and necessary gameplay improvements being finalized. The game is undergoing internal testing ahead of the public release.
- IlluviDEX received a number of bug fixes and improvements such as enhanced analytics and fraud detection, an offer/bid system on listed items, a transfer to L1 functionality, aand a slew of other minor hotfixes and enhancements.
- ‘Illuvitars’ are nearing completion in terms of bonding flow, minting flow, launch party, and IlluviDEX.
On the Flipside
- Coinbase currently only supports the Ethereum Network for Illuvium token trading.
- There is no official date set for the release of Illuvium: Zero, Illuvitars, or Illuvium: Overworld.
Why You Should Care
Illuvium boasts one of the largest communities in the crypto gaming space. With the number of Illuvium: Overworld closed-beta users reaching 100,000 players, anticipation for the game’s release is reaching critical mass. The Coinbase listing represents a key moment for Illuvium as it prepares for its next phase of games.