Gala Games, one of the industry leaders in the P2E space, has taken a giant stride in providing entertainment for Web 3.0 fanatics. Following a new partnership with Battle Island, the publisher is working to produce ‘Ghosts of Ruin’, an animated series that will launch exclusively on their streaming platform, Gala Films.
Scheduled to release in 2023 on Gala Films, Ghosts of Ruin will be the first Web 3.0 exclusive series ever created, and is sure to be a one-of-a-kind experience.
You can watch the trailer for the series at:
What Is Ghosts of Ruin about?
The premise of Ghosts of Ruin centers around video games and advanced technology. More specifically, the TV series will explore ‘Ruin’, a high tech video game in which players can physically feel everything that happens to them in the virtual world.
However, things take a dark turn when a rogue program enters the virtual game and starts wreaking havoc.
With a dystopian setting, Ghosts of Ruin seeks to explore the darker side of tech and digital isolation.
Considering the attention that the series’ announcement is receiving, it could potentially be the first of many future shows that Gala rolls out. As a result, enthusiasts are already investing in the ‘Gala Film Pass’.
Gala Games’ New Take on Entertainment
Gala Games has been making a name for itself in the Web 3.0 space for quite some time now, and the developer and publisher has gone above and beyond the integration of NFTs in video games.
Just a few months ago, Gala Games unveiled ‘Gala Music’, a platform for NFT music streaming. The publisher partnered with Snoop Dogg, and the rapper even dropped an exclusive early release of his latest album on Gala Music.
With Ghosts of Ruin, Gala is looking to take the entertainment game to the next level. At the ‘Galaverse’ event held in Malta last month, Gala Games made some important announcements:
- Gala Fim Pass: Launched with the announcement of Gala Films, pass holders receive a film NFT. In addition, users can redeem a film node, and be whitelisted for a future event. Holders will also enjoy exclusive film rewards and access to special events.
- Ghosts of Ruin: An upcoming animated series developed with Battle Island studios
- ‘VOX’: A mini-series being written by Adam Pava that aims to help people navigate the Web 3.0 world
- ‘Making the Chronic’: A series of short films that will be narrated by Snoop Dogg. The 16 films will cover exciting topics such as Dr. Dre’s famous album, Death Row Records, and more.
Why You Should Care
- Gala Games has many “firsts” to its name, with the accolade of being one of the earliest entities to give NFT music streaming a shot with Gala Music among them.
- With Gala Film, the company is venturing into visual entertainment, and already has a handful of projects lined up.
You may also be interested in: